Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Time to Come



I stare into what seems to be
A void of emptiness,
My mind paints pictures seen before
They pull me to digress.

Before me stretches endless white
Bleak and lacking form,
But I can sense beneath it all
Feelings soft and warm.

My ears can faintly hear the words
Written by my heart,
That time has laid here, dormant now
Which sorrow took apart.

My eyes can see another time
A time I remember now,
That time we stood side by side
And made a simple vow.

To always hold within our heart
A place where we would stay,
Tethered tightly soul to soul
Waiting for the day.

When time would once more let us walk
Along our path as one,
Soothed and guided by the rays
Of a never setting sun.

Unseen except by you and me
Each of these signs remain,
Reminding us our time will come
To walk the path again.

No comments:

Post a Comment